This relatively easy dish takes advantage of the abundance of lemons available this time of year. It also has in its favor the ability to go well with either Taft Street Russian River Chardonnay or Taft Street Russian River Pinot Noir.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless turkey breast, cut in strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 stalk minced rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Meyer lemons
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Mix turkey with a tablespoon oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Thinly slice lemons, removing seeds as you go. Place in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Bring pot of water to boil, add sugar and salt. Simmer lemons for 3 minutes, drain and pat dry.
- Heat fry pan with remaining oil; add lemons for a minute, onion for 2 minutes, then garlic for 1 minute. Reserve.
- Add turkey and cook until no longer pink (4 – 5 minutes); add lemon-onion mixture and cook for another 5 minutes.