Last year turned out to be our best year for direct to consumer sales. We hope and plan to continue having a strong presence both in the Tasting Room and online. However we are not forgetting out distribution network; and it is back to business for our sales team, with trips planned in upcoming weeks to Florida, Boston and Southern California. The major event on the horizon in the Tasting Room is the 23rd Annual Winter WINEland, being held January 17th and 18th. The Wine Road presentation will feature over 140 wineries offering limited production wines, new releases, and special surprises. Come join the fun! The folks at Taft Street hope all have a safe and enjoyable 2015! Cheers! Mike Tierney President, Taft Street Winery
Archive for month: January, 2015
- 8 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- ¼ cup chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts with bones
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles
- 8 ounces baby bok choy, chopped
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- In large pot, bring stock to a simmer. Add ginger, garlic, cinnamon, peppercorns, fennel, sugar, fish sauce, one half of the cilantro, one half of the mint, and the chicken. Cover, simmer, and cook for ten minutes. Remove from heat and allow chicken to cool (15 minutes).
- Soak noodles until soft, about ten minutes. Drain and rinse well.
- Remove bones from chicken breasts and discard. Thinly slice breasts and set aside. Strain broth, return to heat and cook bok choy (3minutes).
- Divide chicken and noodles into six bowls. Pour hot broth and bok choy over the mixture, and top with scallions, remaining cilantro and mint, and accompaniments to taste.
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
2030 Barlow Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Email: [email protected]
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.